Protecting your Linux box
whyrus
Lance Naik

how to stop yahoo booting

Post by whyrus »

Dear friends.

I,m running a cable network i have a static ip. my problem is when ever
any clients of my network booting on yahoo or use any kind of locking
yahoo softwares. yahoo stops working on my whole network then i have to change my real ip . After changing my ip it starts again.
i would like to know is there any possibilities to stop these kind of stuffs on lan or any way to stop banning my IP. i have IP pools on my connection.

thanks u all in advance

take care
Allah Hafiz
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

tell your users that if they run any such app, you'll tell all the other users who did it.
syedbilalmasaud
Naib Subedar

Post by syedbilalmasaud »

warn the specific user one or two time if still he do some thing nasty like that simply block his yahoo messenger using iptables or some other way that you are using
Cheers :)

:D B I L A L :D
kbukhari
Major General

Post by kbukhari »

lambda wrote:tell your users that if they run any such app, you'll tell all the other users who did it.
funny!
--
Syed Kashif Ali Bukhari
+92-345-8444420
http://sysadminsline.com
http://kashifbukhari.com
abakali
Naik

Re: how to stop yahoo booting

Post by abakali »

whyrus wrote:Dear friends.

I,m running a cable network i have a static ip. my problem is when ever
any clients of my network booting on yahoo or use any kind of locking
yahoo softwares. yahoo stops working on my whole network then i have to change my real ip . After changing my ip it starts again.
i would like to know is there any possibilities to stop these kind of stuffs on lan or any way to stop banning my IP. i have IP pools on my connection.

thanks u all in advance

take care
Allah Hafiz
Salam

yahoo booting works on UDP packets and mostly cable operator sets bandwidth restriction on download and ignore to set upload set your normal user upload between 24k to 32k .
This is not solution to prevent booting at yahoo but i experience to deploy many cases its works because of user upload limit packets drops when exceed limits
Asif Bakali !
Feel free to contact me (flames about my english and the useless of this driver will be redirected to /dev/null, oh no, it's full...).