Welcome

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

spawnisalive wrote:<snip> i live very near to PLUC infact i can see it from my window so timming is no problum i want to know about the availability.

Bye
:? If you can see our office from your window then do drop by any day any time [ this is for every one :), just in case any one is wondering] the worst that can happen is if you have not informed me and I am not there you will have to visit again :).

BTW which window I should be watching :).
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear All PLUCians,
Salam,
mahin you are right :! Conform about that window and lemme know. :P
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
mahin
Major

Re: Red Hat 9.0 CD

Post by mahin »

LinuxFreaK wrote:Dear spawnisalive,
I prefer you to go there again with these CD's and buy another..<snip>
Sorry but I disagree. No one should ever pay for a Linux CD which is not working. We are providing source media Free of Cost, doing checking and rechecking free of cost only to ensure that the end user gets the product which works. If there are problems with lax quality control during production process then why should we reward the sloppy work ?

Please! Please! do not accept things lying down make an effort if not for your self then for the sake of others who will suffer if you do not raise your voice.

Please help spread the word that usual condition imposed by CD sellers that they are not responsible if CD does not work. This is NOT for Linux CD's. A Linux CD has to work or it should be replaced or money refunded. Refunding money is the choice for shop keeper you can not demand it.

Please help us by informing us, if you do not want to post to the public forums then inform me at cd@linux.net.pk so that we all can help each other.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: CD

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear Mahin,
Salam,
Sir i did not meant that.
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
spawnisalive
Lance Naik

Post by spawnisalive »

what i understand from ur reply is their is no other way i can get authentic working linux cd's except go to these shops, now that's great! :cry:
spawnisalive
Lance Naik

Post by spawnisalive »

i did not read ur reply before posting my message so the last message is irrelevent i live in tariq plaza and thats just two blocks away from my place i.e i belive the address mentioned at the map is right. so can i drop in right now!
mahin
Major

Red Hat 9 CD

Post by mahin »

spawnisalive wrote:<snip> i live in tariq plaza and thats just two blocks away from my place i.e i belive the address mentioned at the map is right. so can i drop in right now!
You are welcome :) But this window thing was a bit.....? :) Our map is not made to scale other wise it is accurate btw do not follow Apna Karachi map :) for Hadi market. If you follow their map you can never find/reach us.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: Welcome

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear All PLUCians,
Salam,
mahin, finally you got that window :D
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Lol

Is this what they call "One Window Operation" ?
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

lolz,,,,,, hahahahahahah

ask with them :!
Farrukh Ahmed
spawnisalive
Lance Naik

Post by spawnisalive »

hi ppl,
first of all thx a bunch mahin for all ur help and time, i went to saddar to exchange the cd's which he did politly but when i asked him to check them his 1st reply was "yar cd kon check kurta hai" but when i insisted he said his monitor has fried so he can't!! so anyway one other thing i noticed there was that he had linux Mendreak 9 cd's with linux pakistan name on it but with no number so when i asked him is that the authentic cd by linux pakistan he said yes but as far as i remmember u said linux mendreak is not currently authorised by linux pakistan!!!!!
i hope to see u agin on monday and thx again.

bye
khuda hafiz

P.S. i will try to install RH linux tonight so pray for me!!!
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear spawnisalive,
Salam,

From All PLUCian's wish you best of Luck.
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Faraz.Fazil
Major General

Post by Faraz.Fazil »

Ok.Good luck dude.
spawnisalive wrote:
P.S. i will try to install RH linux tonight so pray for me!!!
barlas
Naib Subedar

Post by barlas »

fawad wrote:<snip>
However, I maintain my position on posting good information. If you have a step-by-step guide for doing some task that people ask for frequently, instead of it being embedded inside the forum, I'd really prefer if you guys would post it on the wiki and link it here. The searching and indexing capabilities of the wiki far exceed that of the forum. Furthermore, it is trivial to create an offline Knowledgebase of sorts from the wiki, while the forum is more freestyle, thus not very suitable for offline use.
That's good idea, I will like to add one more thing, that when ever a problem (posted by a user) is solved, it's step by step summary should be posted (in wiki). It will save the new comers time as they will have to only read the summary (which will surely exclude all offtopic and other irrelivent posts) . When the summary is posted in wiki you may delete the thread (if sapce matters).

It's just a suggestion...
Aqeel Zafar
daberkar
Cadet

nice job

Post by daberkar »

WELL DONE Keep it up :lol:
Suhail Tariq Moughal