Remote Server Administrators - Day/Night Shifts

Job openings related to Opensource, Linux and Unix.
suhailc
Cadet

Remote Server Administrators - Day/Night Shifts

Post by suhailc »

Hi,

I am looking for a few remote server administrators working day & night shifts.

We run Red Hat/CentOS Linux servers and FreeBSD Unix servers, along with Cpanel and DirectAdmin control panels. You will be providing technical support to web hosting & dedicated server customers, in addition to performing server management and project work.

Customer support is provided via an online support helpdesk and hence you need excellant written English and be able to provide great customer service.

Ideally you will have 2/3 years of managing servers, and any experience with Cpanel/DirectAdmin is favourable although not mandatory as you can learn as you go along. You should be able to work well under pressure and have a "don't stop until it's fixed" attitude.

The position will initially be remotely based, but if we end up hiring multiple admins from one area, e.g. from Karachi, then we'll probably rent an office in Karachi and it will then become office based. However for now please assume that it will be remotely based for 6 to 8 months at least. This means you need to be a disciplined person who is able to work well on your own.

You will be required to work for 40 hours/week, and get 20 days annual leave.

To sum up the mandatory requirements:

1. Excellant Linux server administration experience.
2. Excellant written English
3. As a remote position, it is absolutely necessary that you have a fast cable/broadband connection and stable power.
4. Excellant references

If interested, please send your CV along with an explanation of how you meet the mandatory requirements to suhailc@gmail.com

You must also state realistic salary expectations else your application will be ignored.

All the best!
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear suhailc,
Salam,

I know this is not the right place to ask but Admins please let it go.

I would like to ask one question how much you are willing to pay ?

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
suhailc
Cadet

Post by suhailc »

Wasalams Farrukh,

I'd rather not state the salary on offer publically. If you are interested in this position, please send in your CV stating your salary expectation as requested.

Regards,
Suhail.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear suhailc,
Salam,
suhailc wrote:I'd rather not state the salary on offer publically. If you are interested in this position, please send in your CV stating your salary expectation as requested.
I can understand this. Have you seen there is Private Message feature :-)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
suhailc
Cadet

Post by suhailc »

Have you seen there is Private Message feature
Yes I have indeed seen this Farrukh. However I still require applicants to state their salary aplication :wink:
kbukhari
Major General

Post by kbukhari »

i sent you an email but not get any reply
--
Syed Kashif Ali Bukhari
+92-345-8444420
http://sysadminsline.com
http://kashifbukhari.com
suhailc
Cadet

Post by suhailc »

Thank you to all who have sent in their applications, including youself Kashif.

I'm pleasantly suprised at the number of applications received, and I will be replying to everyone and sifting through all the candidate information in due course.

Regards,
Suhail.