Make your own SMS sender in LINUX!!! [Warid, Telenor Added]

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

BoRn2BWiLd wrote: I'm sorry to say I didn't know that a person like you would have such mentality about people who are trying to learn a-few things. You know what? If you can't en-courage somebody then you shouldn't (atleast) dis-courage them.
Hope you have now cooled down then may I point your attention towards the name of this forum and our brief intro
LinuxPakistan [ the only active LUG in Pakistan ] has grown into a moderately sized group with more than 4200 registered users. We have members in all of the major (and a lot of smaller) cities and villages in Pakistan. The common goal is to learn and teach about Linux and Open Source software. We are the resource and support center for Debian-Edu / SkoleLinux.
If you read our intro it says " The common goal is to learn and teach about Linux and Open Source software " is there any confusion? Just in case you are wondering since when, well long before this article and quarter page Ad in National Daily Newspapers appeared. Mr Lambda was present.

I have gone through whole thread and I failed to find even a hint that you wanted to try it out on Linux. What ever Masud has contributed that is implied to work for Linux, if it works on other OS that is fine but not our objective. If you wish to stick to other OS then in all fair-ness go for support in their forums where people will have more relevent skills.

Despite all this Lambda did assisted you. You have to appreciate the fact that we are all volunteers including lambda. At times it may seem harsh to ask every one, to do search, check and re-check, ask for details but the idea is to make every one self sufficient. We do not believe in monopolising skills, please feel free to suggest the change / better way.

Reading your post and language skills I can see that you know what you want, if you are un-familiar with Linux that does not make you stupid [ BTW there are NO STUPID questions rather stupid people who do not try and ask :) ] every one has to embark on learning trip. Reason I am jumping in this thread is that you do not seem to be embarking on this trip :).

It is great to know that you were able to make it work now more reason then ever to make it work in proper way, think about trying out Linux that will help you aquire skills which are increasing in value as more and more bussinese start using SMS for business purposes.

BTW I am Mr so is lambda :wink:
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

Dear Mr. mahin,

I appreciate the way you wasted your precious time for me. I understand the objective of this forum now (the URL of this forum eXplains a-lot by the way). But if you did go through all the posts I made here then (may-be) you couldn't see that I wrote in my 1st and 2nd post that I didn't know anything about Linux and my OS was Windows XP (I mentioned it very clearly).

My objective was to make that script work (I know that .php files do run on WindowsXP too). So that's why I downloaded the file, edited it, re-named it, tried it, failed and asked here about what I was missing. NOW instead of directing me to the right place or just saying that "Hey, this is for Linux's users only" he was arguing that WindowsXp Version 2002 doesn't eXist and that REALLY helped. I know I have a very limited knowledge about linux and programming (as I mentioned in my very first post). Then what do you eXpect from a person like me? I did my best staying in the limits of my very limited capabilities to find / search / download / install the things required to run that script. I just asked for a brief description on how to make that script work. And it's not and shouldn't be called spoon-feeding.

2ndly, I understand that this forum is only for Linux and programming on Linux. But why are we so much narrow minded? When PHP can have an eXtension like CURL then why can't you people digest a problem of somebody using Windows xp, as an eXtension? Is there any shame doing that? Or helping people who are not using Linux is against the universal laws of helping others? No-matter how good we are, we always need help. I don't want to argue with anybody. Whatever I wrote here and in my past posts was with due respect. I have no personal issues with anyone. I just know one thing that Knowledge grows by sharing it and sharing is caring.
Anyway, I'm sorry for posting a Windows problem on a linux based board. I hope you guys didn't mind it.

Best regards,

-BoRn 2B WiLd
[- I'm here not to impress but to eXpress -]
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

Slaam again everyone.
kbukhari wrote:dear BoRn2BWiLd,
this script is not useful now if you are looking for a cheap slution then you can use a waird sim with 250 daily sms
for making own sms server please visit http://www.activexperts.com/activsms/
Thank you but no thanks. The script is working for me sir. I am using it to send sms on warid's numbers only.
For other networks (almost all of them eXcluding telenor) I use SMS-Messenger and I'm very much satisfied by it .

I would like to thank everyone who is running this board and setting new standards in use-ful programming. All the best .

-BoRn 2B WiLd.
[- I'm here not to impress but to eXpress -]
aliafzal
Lance Naik

Found best Site!

Post by aliafzal »

Hi UFONE Lovers!

I've found a website from which, SMS delivering to Ufone Doesn't Require any confirmation - Any Reply Y or N or received message to view it,

Just send it & view it,

http://sms1234.com/sms/ufones.asp?id=y

Hope to get the code soon, which the above mentioned site is using.

bye
T.C
aliafzal
Lance Naik

Post by aliafzal »

Come On Masud ... Where Are Youuuuuuuuuu !!!!!!!!!
masud
Havaldaar

Post by masud »

aliafzal wrote:Come On Masud ... Where Are Youuuuuuuuuu !!!!!!!!!
AoA
Yes I have seen this, But look like he is using some paid service. Otherwise, I don't have Information regarding any such way. If I ever have, in future, script would be available here.

Thanks.
--SP--
alipf2002
Cadet

Post by alipf2002 »

masud i dont think he is using such paid service because the sms after receiving shows the phone no for which the sms has been sent moreover the service center number also ..

:D hope we get source code of this cool sms script
masud
Havaldaar

Post by masud »

alipf2002 wrote:masud i dont think he is using such paid service because the sms after receiving shows the phone no for which the sms has been sent moreover the service center number also ..
Sorry you are no wrong page. There is no sender name or number, the only thing it contain is GPS** some thing. You are referring to some other service.
--SP--
nasirkhan
Cadet

i need script for u fone

Post by nasirkhan »

any one knows the u fone script sending sms on ufone.... :shock:
masud
Havaldaar

:)

Post by masud »

Well I have a trick to send sms using ufone network to any network (national or international), free of cost. But you guys have to wait, I'm not gonna expose it too early, that was the mistake I did with warid and an idiot in LP reported it.

Wait... Wait and wait...
--SP--
some_one
Cadet

Masud bahi.....

Post by some_one »

Masud bahi.....jo baat batanay aap batanay walay thay wo bhi kal say band ho gai hay check it again.....if work's then tell. :?:
masud
Havaldaar

Post by masud »

ya true it's not working any more. :(
--SP--
kashif6422000
Cadet

Post by kashif6422000 »

we can send free sms from Ufone website but we have to create an account for this and for an account Rs.25 is deducted per month and when we send sms from web sms is started with GPS.
alipf2002
Cadet

I have found it..

Post by alipf2002 »

i have found it here is the code of the ufone script..

after copying the code below save the file as .php :D

<?php
if (!isset($_POST["send"])){
?><title>UFONE FREE SMS</title>
<form method="POST" action="<?=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>">
<div align="center">
<br>
<br>
</div>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
<tr>
<td width="14%"><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Number</font></strong></td>
<td width="86%"><input type="text" name="to">
- <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">0333303785
- Number Should Be Continue</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your
Name</font></strong></td>
<td><input type="text" name="subject"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your
Message</font></strong></td>
<td><textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="60" lines="20"></textarea>
<br> <input type="submit" name="send" value="Send"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
<?
}else{
$emailend ="@1.com";
$emailget =$_POST['subject'];
$from = $emailget.$emailend;
$from= $emailget.
$to1=$_POST['to'];
$to2="@ufone.com";
$finialto = $to1.$to2;
$message1 = $_POST['message'];
$message2 = "";
$message3 = $message1.$message2;

if (mail("$finialto",$_POST['subject'],"$message3","From: $from\n")){
echo "<b>SMS HAS BEEN SEND TO FOLLOWING NUMBER : ";
echo $to1;
echo "</b>";
}else{
echo "Retry - Again Can't Able To Send SMS";
}
}
?>
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

sending an sms as email means you have a lot less than 160 characters available for the message.