Help me regarding Package Manager

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.
syed_mst
Cadet

Help me regarding Package Manager

Post by syed_mst »

I want to install GNU C Compiler without Package manager because of my package manager not work proper. When I chick package Manager I am facing Problem "Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core". I am also try root console "system-config-package" but I face same problem.

Now i want to install GNU C Compiler with out Package Manager, Some one help me regarding this problem and guide me GNU dependencies.
Manzoor
nomankhn
Colonel

Re: Help me regarding Package Manager

Post by nomankhn »

Dear Manzoor,

can u tell me about your current distribution which you are using, and your hard-disk space.

Regards
Noman Liaquat Khanzada
zaigham_tt
Havaldaar

Post by zaigham_tt »

hiz salam.
dear 1st u insert the distribution cd/dvd. and install the package manually with the help of

rpm -ivh <location & package name>
syed_mst
Cadet

Re: Help me regarding Package Manager

Post by syed_mst »

nomankhn wrote:Dear Manzoor,

can u tell me about your current distribution which you are using, and your hard-disk space.

Regards
Noman Liaquat Khanzada
I am using Fedora Core 6, (6 CDS)

Harddisk Space 9 GB for linux
Manzoor
syed_mst
Cadet

Post by syed_mst »

zaigham_tt wrote:hiz salam.
dear 1st u insert the distribution cd/dvd. and install the package manually with the help of

rpm -ivh <location & package name>
VSalam

Please tell me more about rpm -ivh <Examle>
Manzoor
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

if you have enough disk space, copy all the rpms from the cds onto your hard drive. try "mkdir /usr/repo", insert the first cd in the drive, navigate to the directory with the .rpm files, and copy them all to the /usr/repo directory. repeat for all the cds.

after that, whenever you want to install a package, cd to /usr/repo, and type "rpm -ivh <whatever>.rpm".

this isn't really the right way to do it. the right way is probably somewhere in this thread.
syed_mst
Cadet

Post by syed_mst »

lambda wrote:if you have enough disk space, copy all the rpms from the cds onto your hard drive. try "mkdir /usr/repo", insert the first cd in the drive, navigate to the directory with the .rpm files, and copy them all to the /usr/repo directory. repeat for all the cds.

after that, whenever you want to install a package, cd to /usr/repo, and type "rpm -ivh <whatever>.rpm".

this isn't really the right way to do it. the right way is probably somewhere in this thread.
I understand, but in case of installation of GNU C Compiler , I am facing dependencies problem. it mean "C compiler package needs other packages because of GNU compiler depends on 73 rmps" and I do not know about Needed rpms name
Manzoor
guddibaaz
Cadet

Dependencies

Post by guddibaaz »

Doesn't it inform you of required dependencies ?
Guddibaaz
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear syed_mst,
Salam,

Check out below link it will help you.

FYI, http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... php?t=6857

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed