how can i assign root permissions to a user

Taking care of your Linux box.
x2oxen
Major General

Stop Criticizes

Post by x2oxen »

I do not understand why some people likes to criticizing other's answers rather than giving a better solution... I answered what i thought good and easy so you give your own answers rather than proving me wrong.

the questioner asked that how to assign root level access to a normal user so i suggested what i thought easy and good. so others should give their solutions what they think better rather than wasting their energy by proving this wrong.
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
http://usmanpk.com
x2oxen
Major General

Stop Criticizing

Post by x2oxen »

I do not understand why some people likes to criticizing other's answers rather than giving a better solution... I answered what i thought good and easy so you give your own answers rather than proving me wrong.

the questioner asked that how to assign root level access to a normal user so i suggested what i thought easy and good. so others should give their solutions what they think better rather than wasting their energy by proving this wrong.
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
lambda
Major General

Re: Stop Criticizing

Post by lambda »

x2oxen wrote:I do not understand why some people likes to criticizing other's answers rather than giving a better solution...
the better solution has been presented: sudo. if you don't understand why it's a better solution, maybe you should think about how sudo differs from setting a user's uid to 0.
I answered what i thought good and easy so you give your own answers rather than proving me wrong.
your answer was most likely incorrect. the right answer is most likely sudo.
the questioner asked that how to assign root level access to a normal user so i suggested what i thought easy and good.
despite what you may have heard, some questions are indeed stupid. this is one of them. the best solution is to figure out why the questioner wants to do what they've asked, and then give them something useful. someone asked that up above, but they didn't respond. given the lack of feedback, the best solution to provide is the one that does the work while compromising the security of the questioner's system the least. that's sudo.
Watch out for the Manners Taliban!
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?
x2oxen
Major General

Agree`

Post by x2oxen »

In This Matter am agree with you lambda. But i was saying that for overall what i sensed in forum.
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

when you stop posting less-than-useful comments, people will start listening to you.
Watch out for the Manners Taliban!
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?
dajazzguy
Naik

Post by dajazzguy »

LP forum is getting lame questions that make no sense and in return even more stupid replies than the question itself.

First of all if some one wants to give user the same previleges as root user then why doesnot he uses root user in the first place.

Secondly most of the questioners just want to increase their post count on the forum and thats it , with no searching on the problem faced they just turn to LP with dumb questions.

So get a life do some preliminary searching/reading before posing a problem and the same goes for people who reply with crappy answer or people trying to hijack a discussion with least useful replies.
Farhan Diwan
RHCE, Certified MySQL DBA
ranatanveer
Subedar

Post by ranatanveer »

Mr. Farhan Diwan Wrote:
First of all if some one wants to give user the same previleges as root user then why doesnot he uses root user in the first place.
How someone will know about sudo? and what if someone want to hide the root password from his users?
Secondly most of the questioners just want to increase their post count on the forum and thats it , with no searching on the problem faced they just turn to LP with dumb questions.
I agree
So get a life do some preliminary searching/reading before posing a problem and the same goes for people who reply with crappy answer or people trying to hijack a discussion with least useful replies.
agree too
Regards

Rana Tanveer
+923224194457
Linux Student

For Affordable Web Development http://www.affordableprogrammers.com
http://www.qualityprogrammers.com
raheelahmad
Naik

Post by raheelahmad »

no one can have equal rights like root
-