How to read Urdu BBC website better in FC8

Share your expert knowledge and show off your skills.

How to read Urdu BBC website better in FC8

Postby Ahmad ullah » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Adaab!
I have installed FC8 and have defficulty in reading BBC Urdu website's Urdu font. If any one can help me in this regard, he is most welcome with bundle of thanks.
What is not possible is not impossible!

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS
Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

WLM: khoban@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: khoban3@yahoo.com

Postby Muhammad Saad » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:41 pm

I can provide you the TTF file by email which you can install in Linux.
Or you can try an alternative. Download the EXE package from BBC Urdu's web-site. Install it in windows. Then copy the file C:\Windows\asunaskh.ttf or may be AsiaTypeNaskh.ttf .
Copy the file to /usr/share/fonts on Linux partition. Or make a directory .fonts in your home directory and copy it there. After that newly started applications will automatically find and load the font.
Muhammad Saad
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Yahoo Messenger: muhammad.saad1

Postby Ahmad ullah » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:12 am

Yar Muhammad Saad! I have Windows OS installed, but does not work, as usual, due to viruses. So plz, send me the solution at : khoban3@yahoo.com.
i shall be greatly thankful to you for that.
What is not possible is not impossible!

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS

Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

WLM: khoban@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: khoban3@yahoo.com

AoA, your tip Worked very well on Slax linux, thanks a lot

Postby tayyabrana14 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Muhammad Saad wrote:I can provide you the TTF file by email which you can install in Linux.
Or you can try an alternative. Download the EXE package from BBC Urdu's web-site. Install it in windows. Then copy the file C:\Windows\asunaskh.ttf or may be AsiaTypeNaskh.ttf .
Copy the file to /usr/share/fonts on Linux partition. Or make a directory .fonts in your home directory and copy it there. After that newly started applications will automatically find and load the font.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by tayyabrana14 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tayyabrana14
Cadet

Yahoo Messenger: tayyabrana14
AOL: tayyabrana14

BBC Urdu font

Postby tayyabrana14 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Muhammad Saad wrote:I can provide you the TTF file by email which you can install in Linux.

Your tip worked very well on Slax Linux, Thanks a lot.
tayyabrana14
Cadet

Yahoo Messenger: tayyabrana14
AOL: tayyabrana14

Return to “%s” Howto's & Tip n' Tricks