How to run disk images made by Alchole in Linux (FC8)

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.
Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

How to run disk images made by Alchole in Linux (FC8)

Post by Ahmad ullah »

Adab!
I want to know how to run disk images made in Alchole in linux. Also please tell me any software which would work in Linux the same as Alchole works in windows.

I will be greatly thankful to you. Allah may fulfil your good wishes.
What is not possible is not impossible!

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

alchole? i assume you mean alcohol. there's no shame in writing the word alcohol. it's not a sin. alcohol alcohol alcohol. say it loud, say it proud! just not near your friendly neighborhood masjid.

anyway, back to the subject at hand. i assume you have an mdf file? if so, try this tool (it can also handle nero nrg images). you can mount cd iso images with

Code: Select all

mount -o ro,loop -t iso9660 /path/to/file.iso /mnt
Watch out for the Manners Taliban!
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?
Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

Post by Ahmad ullah »

lambda wrote:alchole? i assume you mean alcohol. there's no shame in writing the word alcohol. it's not a sin. alcohol alcohol alcohol. say it loud, say it proud! just not near your friendly neighborhood masjid.

anyway, back to the subject at hand. i assume you have an mdf file? if so, try this tool (it can also handle nero nrg images). you can mount cd iso images with

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS
Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

Post by Ahmad ullah »

lambda wrote:alchole? i assume you mean alcohol. there's no shame in writing the word alcohol. it's not a sin. alcohol alcohol alcohol. say it loud, say it proud! just not near your friendly neighborhood masjid.

Thanks lambda ( As you have named urself ) for the help. i downloaded the software and installed ok, but i could not find any usage material of that software, so, i could not mount the images. please, ur further help is needed in that case.
About the name of the Alcohol, it makes no difference by saying or reading that word loud any where except The damage of the throat and as a result, Noise pollution. Anyway, it was my unintentional mistake.

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS
x2oxen
Major General

Post by x2oxen »

have you ever heard about man command??
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
http://usmanpk.com
Ahmad ullah
Lance Naik

Post by Ahmad ullah »

Yes i have heard about that. You mean i should take help from that.

Ahmad achakzai BUITEMS
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

Ahmad ullah wrote:i downloaded the software and installed ok, but i could not find any usage material of that software, so, i could not mount the images. please, ur further help is needed in that case.
it doesn't ship with any documentation. no man pages, no text files, nothing.

try

iat input-file output-file
Watch out for the Manners Taliban!
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?