Pakistani Hackers and Government Support ?

Protecting your Linux box

Shall Pakistani hackers hack their own country`s site for security check purposes only ?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 19

LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Pakistani Hackers and Government Support ?

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear All PLUCian's
Salam,

I would like to ask with you guys about either Pakistani hackers should hack the pakisatni sites... for checking the power of security implemented by the server administrator or the server hosted by the company.....but not destryoing any of the data. as there are lots of Hackers in Pakistan said that they are ellite and leet hackers and lots of peoples who know little bit sh*t about security and know how to compile exploits and run exploits called them selfs a leet and ellite hacker ? Please Answer the Question what you think about Pakistani Hackers and Government Support ?

Best Regards
Farrukh Ahmed
outstream
Naib Subedar

Post by outstream »

AoA

With refrence to this case, i would like to say that if the Government of Pakistan wants , their own people to hack into Government of Pakistan`s sites , they should offer them jobs, like a security officer in a Government firm, who hacks into his own site just for the sake of security check. or they can do it like..arrange an annual exhibition on security topics, it would not be any good to give it a name 'hacking', just arrange an annual exhibition on security in which computer geeks and check their skills and skills of sites infront of judges etc

Like i study in Bahria university islamabad, and two years back we heard that Bahria university karachi is arranging sumthing like that on security where people will attempt to break some web server for security check`s sake, and some guys from our islamabad campus also went there to participate in that exhibition
Testing?What's that? If it compiles, its good, if it boots up it is perfect.
----------------------------------------------------
Imran
Registered Linux User # 334322
spawnisalive
Lance Naik

Post by spawnisalive »

i think we might as well check our loopholes our self then wait for the problum and then take action ......... also this is just like preventive maintenance for free!
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

Let me ask you this hypothetical: Should I break into your house? I'll do it for free. And it will let you know that the padlock at the frontdoor is vulnerable to the crowbar/hammer attack.

Think about it.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear All PLUCian's
Salam,
fawad wrote:Let me ask you this hypothetical: Should I break into your house? I'll do it for free. And it will let you know that the padlock at the frontdoor is vulnerable to the crowbar/hammer attack.

Think about it.
I think 40 % who vote on this poll as yes they don't have problem with and don't need to think about any thing :p

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Kdaemon
Naib Subedar

Post by Kdaemon »

I agree with fawad to some context
if
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by if »

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

if u hack your own or volunter Network to check / test your or volunter Network Security System then i think idea is not bad to do (ofcourse i say it's good to do)... but with some pre-conditions...

:arrow: Some volunter networks are needed where they asked hackers to attack and they test their security system...
:arrow: But with when attacker attack with a way, he/they must submit their attacking method (after they attempt to attack) so that Volunter Neworks know how they been attacked.

OR

:arrow: your own network and u and some other person to whom u know... do some fun with their own network... and update their security system

The above given idea was also implement by me and with some of my friends... and we sucessfully find some interesting new ways of defending our Network Systems. :lol:

May be u ppl don't agree with me or my friends but i and my fiends find this idea is perfect not only to develop and update but also to ensure that our network is safe enough to defend itself.
if u find anything which shows my lack of knowledge,
please guide me... thx
------------------------------------
Aslam-o-Aliakum-Wa-Rahmatullah-Wa-Barakatuhu
if
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear if,
Salam,

I agree with your way of thinking but the main problem is how can we implement these kind of stuffs at our Governments and IT Sectors and how we can inspire them that what Pakistani Peoples have and how much they are good. Actually i had attend a Semminar @ Ethical Hacking @ SSUET and there is a Teacher name MFRD Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka one of my Friend told peoples that its not a Crime but in Pakistan If you do right thing it is Crime. and if you test your own Server @ Security then they Let you in Jail or either FBI or InterPole Get ya. Our Government Sector inviting Companies from All Over Pakistan and Internationally but how can we join them to help them..... ?

Best Regards
Farrukh Ahmed
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

LinuxFreaK,
I'm not getting your point here. Why exactly would you want to deliberately poke at the network of organization if you're not wanted. Also, I don't understand what you said about hacking your own network. You're telling us that if i run nessus on my own box, i'll get thrown in jail?
if

Post by if »

Aslam-o-Aliakum,
fawad wrote: I'm not getting your point here. Why exactly would you want to deliberately poke at the network of organization if you're not wanted. Also, I don't understand what you said about hacking your own network. You're telling us that if i run nessus on my own box, i'll get thrown in jail?
whenever u or some group of ppl develop their own security system (IDS, Firewall, Router etc.) ofcourse for security, u/they also need to test it... whether it is work well and what type of weak point u'r developed product have...

and best way of check / test is... as i mentioned in my previous post

LinuxFreak wrote:how we can inspire them that what Pakistani Peoples have and how much they are good.
Okay dear for this sentence... they (Government) know... if u can do... do it... but don't go for criminal act... only do... in a right way... as i mentioned in my previous post... to this thread

LinuxFreak wrote:Actually i had attend a Semminar @ Ethical Hacking @ SSUET and there is a Teacher name MFRD Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka one of my Friend told peoples that its not a Crime but in Pakistan If you do right thing it is Crime. and if you test your own Server @ Security then they Let you in Jail or either FBI or InterPole Get ya. Our Government Sector inviting Companies from All Over Pakistan and Internationally but how can we join them to help them..... ?
Why u think u need to join... i think if u have ability then... they need to join and get help from u. Be passion, they are looking for good one's, those know, how to do... :lol: not the people who only CUT, COPY and PASTE in their whole life and they think they did a great job... :cry:

When i am said "DO"... this mean they develop and put hard work in the field of Knowledge / R&D for their self(s) but also for this Country.
please guide me... thx
if
Kdaemon
Naib Subedar

Post by Kdaemon »

American Navy held this type of test to test their network
their were around about 30 hackers and were allowed to test the network security...
jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jargon »

Actually, hacking your own networks is one of the best methods to prevent other hackers [indian] from successfully hacking Pakistani sites/networks.

Pick up any new security book and they will go into detail telling you how to hack your own network to ensure that your software is patched , you dont have extra services running which you dont need, etc.

It would be good for Pakistani's to hack the networks of Pakistan ONLY with permission from the government/organization. Let us find our own problems before the damn israelis, indians, and americans.

This is where nessus comes in handy.
And besides maybe not in Pakistan but if you run nessus (w/ all plugins) and it crashes a computer on a remote network , well in a place like America, you could be in be trouble.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear ALL PLUCian's
Salam,

I agree with Mr.Jargon is Right and i think we can start from LinuxSecurity.com, The Honeynet Project, SecurityFocus.com and Cert.org. I Think we will atleast try once... then see the Responce and Results...

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
if

Post by if »

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

it's great... lets start... if anyone... have a good plan, i have some plans also... but if someone interested... i'll be happy to work with u...
please guide me... thx
if
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear If,
Salam,

If you have Plan.... then share it and i would like to work with you tooo man ;) its increase my knowledge and all other whoa are intrested .....

Best Regards
Farrukh Ahmed