block torrent

Taking care of your Linux box.
nomankhn
Colonel

block torrent

Post by nomankhn »

Hello folks,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I need to know is it possible to block all torrents on Fedora-14, if yes will you pls recommend me the software.

Thanks
Kamran.Ahmed
Lance Naik

Post by Kamran.Ahmed »

i think you have to elaborate you question as i think you want to block bittorrent downloads at you server if yes then you have to configure squid+some content/web filter like squiguard or dansguardian etc they can easily block torrent and all downloads
Kamran Ahmed Khan
kamran.cisco@gmail.com
Registered Linux User # 526139
www.allaboutlinux.org
nomankhn
Colonel

Post by nomankhn »

Did you ever run torrent on windows and observe traffic at squid ??? if no then check it. Before applying to thread at least try to understand full thread otherwise leave it.
mudasir
Captain

Post by mudasir »

Salam,

You can block torrents using SQUID. There is an ACL type Header that can perform this task for you. Method not recommended.

What you can do to be on safe side. Allow only specific ports, which are common and are used widely. And block all traffic. Mostly recommended.

Also look at iptables p2p (http://iptables-p2p.sourceforge.net/). I have not used it, but i have read that it works good.

I do this by using Mikrotik ROS. And it works quiet well. When i was using Linux as gateway, i only used to Limit the speed of clients and allow them all types of traffic. So it was not the main concern.
Kind Regards
Mudasir Mirza (RHCE)
(+971)55-1045754
http://www.crystalnetworks.org
http://www.diglinux.com
khizer
Lance Naik

Post by khizer »

nomankhn wrote:Did you ever run torrent on windows and observe traffic at squid ??? if no then check it. Before applying to thread at least try to understand full thread otherwise leave it.
That was very rude and inappropriate. You started this thread seeking for help for a problem and you are showing attitude to a person who is at least interested in understanding the problem. :evil:

nomankhn wrote:I need to know is it possible to block all torrents on Fedora-14
So this was your original question huh? This could mean many things!! You think any one in the world could understand what your problem is? You didn't even mentioned that if the fedora 14 machine is being used as a gateway or a client!!!! and you expect others to magically understand what your problem is.
nomankhn wrote:Did you ever run torrent on windows and observe traffic at squid ???
Where did windows and squid come from, in your problem? Do I have to "run torrent on windows" to "observe traffic at squid" ??????

No wonder you joined the linux community 11 years ago and yet do not know how to block torrents (or how to ask for help)!!!!!!!!
-Khizer Naeem Mughal

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.
nomankhn
Colonel

Post by nomankhn »

I did not ask from you, so better keep quiet. You dont know me and i dont know you and i have no interest in knowing you, so do your work and let me do mine.
khizer wrote:
nomankhn wrote:Did you ever run torrent on windows and observe traffic at squid ??? if no then check it. Before applying to thread at least try to understand full thread otherwise leave it.
That was very rude and inappropriate. You started this thread seeking for help for a problem and you are showing attitude to a person who is at least interested in understanding the problem. :evil:

nomankhn wrote:I need to know is it possible to block all torrents on Fedora-14
So this was your original question huh? This could mean many things!! You think any one in the world could understand what your problem is? You didn't even mentioned that if the fedora 14 machine is being used as a gateway or a client!!!! and you expect others to magically understand what your problem is.
nomankhn wrote:Did you ever run torrent on windows and observe traffic at squid ???
Where did windows and squid come from, in your problem? Do I have to "run torrent on windows" to "observe traffic at squid" ??????

No wonder you joined the linux community 11 years ago and yet do not know how to block torrents (or how to ask for help)!!!!!!!!
khizer
Lance Naik

Post by khizer »

nomankhn wrote:I did not ask from you
Oh then you should have emailed this to the person you were asking, instead of posting on this public forum with 26523 registered users.
nomankhn wrote:So better keep quiet
I joined this forum to talk, and you are no one telling me to keep quite. If you want to keep me quite, contact the admin/moderator of this forum ******* :x :x :x
nomankhn wrote:You dont know me and i dont know you
I am not here to know you although i am confused about your intentions
nomankhn wrote:so do your work and let me do mine.
You are the most retarded piece of **** i have ever seen on any linux forum. :roll:

Where the hell is the mod/admin of this forum????? :oops:

I feel really sad that this is the standard of the Pakistan's largest linux community :cry:

I hope rest of the people here are sensible :?
-Khizer Naeem Mughal

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.
nomankhn
Colonel

Post by nomankhn »

If you continue commenting then its ok, i think its your hobby. Now i understand that its your fault in your internal system.
khizer
Lance Naik

Post by khizer »

nomankhn wrote:If you continue commenting then its ok, i think its your hobby. Now i understand that its your fault in your internal system.
I disagree. There are other people in this forum who have the same complain:

To: nomankhn
Posted: 14 May 2010 09:46
Subject: Please avoid childish and worthless posts. thanks

:lol:

what do you have to say now??

I just checked your postings in this forum and found out that you have Autism. :lol:

I am sorry I argued with you. You should be left alone you ***** piece of ******. :evil:
-Khizer Naeem Mughal

nomankhn
Colonel

Post by nomankhn »

I think these kind of people belongs to your community, i dont mind, please keep it up, you are out of pak so make more your generation :lol: :lol: .

Try to use kemadrin tablet, that will make your mental disorder properly and try to take daily lexatinoal every night after sleeping :D

khizer wrote:
nomankhn wrote:If you continue commenting then its ok, i think its your hobby. Now i understand that its your fault in your internal system.

I disagree. There are other people in this forum who have the same complain:

To: nomankhn
Posted: 14 May 2010 09:46
Subject: Please avoid childish and worthless posts. thanks

:lol:

what do you have to say now??

I just checked your postings in this forum and found out that you have Autism. :lol:

I am sorry I argued with you. You should be left alone you ***** piece of ******. :evil:
khizer
Lance Naik

Post by khizer »

nomankhn wrote:I think these kind of people belongs to your community, i dont mind, please keep it up, you are out of pak so make more your generation :lol: :lol: .

Try to use kemadrin tablet, that will make your mental disorder properly and try to take daily lexatinoal every night after sleeping :D
First learn english and then try again 8) :lol:
-Khizer Naeem Mughal

nomankhn
Colonel

Post by nomankhn »

OK Sir, First You learn then teach me as well.
khizer
Lance Naik

Post by khizer »

nomankhn wrote:OK Sir, First You learn then teach me as well.
As i said before
khizer wrote:I am sorry I argued with you. You should be left alone you ***** piece of ******.
-Khizer Naeem Mughal

nomankhn
Colonel

Post by nomankhn »

**** means you are ______________________ :D
khizer wrote:
nomankhn wrote:OK Sir, First You learn then teach me as well.
As i said before
khizer wrote:I am sorry I argued with you. You should be left alone you ***** piece of ******.
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

disable nat and most of your problems go away.
Watch out for the Manners Taliban!
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?