Internet Connectivity Sharing

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.
VicePres.PLUS
Cadet

Internet Connectivity Sharing

Post by VicePres.PLUS »

Dear Fellows

I also need some help to give internet connectivity sharing in my labs using Linux - Squid but from where i can get complete information about configuring Squid.

Any one can help me. But first of all i think i should have completely configured Samba Server for which i have already posted.

Basically this time i am using Net Connection Sharing thourgh Wingate Proxy Server on Windows 2000 but after some time the Proxy Server stops responding in proper manner while i am using Net connection of ISDN BRI 128 Kbps speed (With Down Link Speed of Nearly 18-20K)

What could be Linux be the solution for this.

Or what could be still other soultion for better utilizing the said net service in my network.
No body is master in this world every one come here to LEARN
majorwoo
Lance Naik

Post by majorwoo »

you could use the NAT (Network Address Translation) table built into iptables, with this setup you could set one machine as the server (usually also serves as a firewall) and it Masquerades the connections from the other machines.

Redhat 7.33 and 8.0 (and some previous I think) ship with defautl setup files in /etc/ppp/firewall-masq

It has excellent comments in it. This however was not a proxy, but Im not sure you need one. Check it out and see what you think.

This and many many things can be answered from
http://www.tldp.org/

Quiet brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip.
VicePres.PLUS
Cadet

Post by VicePres.PLUS »

thnks a lot sir
No body is master in this world every one come here to LEARN
majorwoo
Lance Naik

Post by majorwoo »

No problem - I like your signature ;-)

Quiet brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip.