DNS SERVER....PLZ HELP ME...MAHEEN BHAI WHERE ARE YOU?

Taking care of your Linux box.
leolove
Naik

Post by leolove »

hi all....
i want to do some things....but i am unable to do them.....plz help me....
1) setting up and running dns server in easy steps.
2) how to set up an Web Server? ( i can use my web server from my lan but how to use it on internet? i wana make a upload server just for use it commercial).
3) same as 2 for mail server.
i wana make a server just like yahoo or msn....and wana access it through internet..... just like www.leolovemail.com..... :D ....really....i searched lot on it but cant find something who can teach me...
dont tell me any link and also dont tell me that you also posted this....becuase i just searched the topics for my help....okiez.....bye
and also Mr. MAheen if u see this post plz contact me asap.....thanx
jargon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jargon »

if you're asking for help you should just ask and not provide rules on how someone can help you, you're telling me that nowhere in the history someone has set up a webserver under linux?

you're just lazy, im sorry but noone has time to write a book for you!

If you want to make a server like yahoo and/or msn you got understand how to do it,
dont get me wrong linuxpakistan.net members love to help but people who want to help themselves!
jargon
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

sorry leolove but u really sound lazy. there are a lot of helpful documents around the net where u can learn a lot of stuff. We do provide free support here and its really good for newbies but we dont provide spoonfeeding. it simply kills the spirit of learning so dont get us wrong. If you are really interested in learning all that stuff real quick then you can ask a local linux geek around you. Dont forget to pay him as he is rendering his services to you along with transfer of technology :) .

Moderators... This is no spam and dont u dare say it spam . :) Just kidding.

BTW quite a desperate call for mahin bhai. mahin bhai kahan hain aap??
No offense intended.

Regards
Zaeem
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear Leolove,
Salam,

If you want to do it by your own self then Linux Home Networking and Server Resource is the best place for you. also i prefer you to check official Documentation for services you want to run at your server.

Apache
Bind
Postfix
Qmail
SquirrelMail
Php
Courier-IMAP

Also Check the Below Links:

http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... .php?t=726

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
leolove
Naik

Re:

Post by leolove »

sorry....i dont meant that.....i think there is a misunderstanding happens....actually i want to say that please guide me like spoonfeeding as some on say in this topic.....i knew that every thing is possible if try to learnt it.....but just can u right the procedure and the basics steps to run dns server and running it....and also if any one know any web server which supports ASP (Active Server Pages)....plz reply asap.....dont think that i never ever found any help....i found many documents and it helps me alot....but how can i translat my brain into you....but jsut plz if possible give the procedure.....i am a practical man....that is why....bye
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear LeoLove,
Salam,
leolove wrote:sorry....i dont meant that.....i think there is a misunderstanding happens....actually i want to say that please guide me like spoonfeeding as some on say in this topic.....i knew that every thing is possible if try to learnt it.....but just can u right the procedure and the basics steps to run dns server and running it....and also if any one know any web server which supports ASP (Active Server Pages)....plz reply asap.....dont think that i never ever found any help....i found many documents and it helps me alot....but how can i translat my brain into you....but jsut plz if possible give the procedure.....i am a practical man....that is why....bye
Then Try My Links First :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
we
Lance Naik

Post by we »

Dear LeoLove,
Assalam-O-Alaikum,
If you did configuration and checked "Web/Mail Server" on LAN then nothing wrong on Internet just to use registered unique domain names and ip instead of your customised/private domain name.

Using linux plateform mysql/php is best for dynamic sites, for asp there are many supports available but windows webservers is best option coz of compatibility/support for asp
Regards
EKF
+971 50 7861136
leolove
Naik

hi

Post by leolove »

hi farooq bhai
how are you....
i m a network engineer & security administrator....
currently working on windows platform......no doubt that windows has a very friendly and easiest platform yet.....but for some reasons and for secure future i want to shift my self on unix based platform....but .....linux is the game of mind...i have it too but i think i must have to learnt it...i dont have time that is why i take support from linuxpakistan.net
here u say that windows isbest for ASP ....it is not answer....it is meant that u are telling me to leave linux......isn't it??? if i do so...then why this forum is working??? here the links are so helpful.....and i learnt more from it but not all......i dont have time to take institution .....so i m asking only step by step procedure to take my dns server up ad running.....just tell me in this topic that how to config it for basic configuration and how to test it from other network....and the onlyneed is to if i explorer.... www.leolovemail.com ...... it should open the page from my pc.....ok.....hope you understand....bye
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

Salaam :) I am fine and in Karachi .

Let s get back to basics, ignore what has been said and specify what you want to do. Just make your wish list and then we can start from there.

Request for Spoonfeeding is COOL :) it ......... :) I would rather not say that in public forum :)

I do not mean to insult your intelligence but just take a look at following tutorial :

http://www.netintegrity.com.au/tutorial/webindex.html

Please go through every step except Email as it is not what you need. This is just to refresh your memory and to be sure that you can manage this on your local LAN.

Once you confirm that you can follow through this tutorial with out any problem then we can compare it with your wish list and help you fix one thing at a time.

There is no quick fix, even with Spoon Feeding you have to swallow :) We cant eat for you :) The only quik fix with out reading is called "PLUC Injection" and for this particular case I think it will cost a round trip PIA ticket to Multan :) Do let me know through PM if you are interested : ) then I can check.
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

Hehe. very clever Tariq Sb. i enjoyed that. leolove try www.linuxhomenetworking.com . it might have all you need. The PLUC Injection is manufactured in multan but marketing is done in Karachi :)

Cheers
Zaeem