Pakistani Hackers and Government Support ?

Protecting your Linux box

Shall Pakistani hackers hack their own country`s site for security check purposes only ?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 19

if
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by if »

Aslam-o-Aliakum,
LinuxFreaK wrote:Dear If,
Salam,

If you have Plan.... then share it and i would like to work with you tooo man ;) its increase my knowledge and all other whoa are intrested .....

Best Regards
As u requested my Brother... here is i'm

Remember : Security can't be buy

There are series of plans... we currently working on some of the plans...

but for u and some of persons who want to join us... here is my first plan for Linuxpakistan guys who want to join us (for our secure future :lol: )

Game PLAN :

:idea: we offer a Network on Internet
:idea: to be hack / test for new and old Network / OS Vulnerability / Attacks by the team members
:idea: start developing software to protect against those Vulnerabilities / Attacks for the security of our PC... Home Network... Office Network.. Enterprise Network and we keep going...

Game Requirement :

Sound Knowledge in Computer Networks
Sound Knowledge in Linux Networks Programming
minumum 15+ hours /week time to spend on Game

Game Rules :

Coming soon :D

ppl can contact either me or s7r1k3r for more info
if u find anything which shows my lack of knowledge,
please guide me... thx
------------------------------------
Aslam-o-Aliakum-Wa-Rahmatullah-Wa-Barakatuhu
if
aus76pk
Cadet

Post by aus76pk »

Dear Guyz,
If you have such kind of plans then i want to be a part of also that kind of plans.

As far as the certainity of the matter is concerned .please check the following link.Source:

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/oct2003-dail ... ess/b1.htm

Regards,

Ausaf
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear All PLUCian's
Salam,

thanks Mr.Ausaf for the information. I contacted with many persons who are working for PTCL as well as Mt.Qasim who is Incharge of ITI Karachi and asked about this problem no one gave me the correct Answer and they told me that PTCL Invited Nationwide and International Companies to Secure their Setup.. http://www.ptcl.com.pk/invitation/inv_sep16_2003.html

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
zaki486
Company Havaldaar Major

hi itz ZAKI486

Post by zaki486 »

i think it is a must check if the team is a truted 1
ather_36
Naik

I Also want a part of this Hacking game

Post by ather_36 »

Salam
Dear bhayeion i m not a linux cheetah but i want to be a part of this game.. Cuz its a time to secure our sites from Indians hackers
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: I Also want a part of this Hacking game

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear Ather,
Salam,
ather_36 wrote:Dear bhayeion i m not a linux cheetah but i want to be a part of this game.. Cuz its a time to secure our sites from Indians hackers
I donno why we peoples compare our self with Indian's why we scared from Indian's and why we hate from Indian's.... make your self power full and successfull then compare your self with Indian's as well as all the Conuntries arround the world ;)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
s7r1k3r

My views.

Post by s7r1k3r »

Assalam-O-Alaekum!

Sorry for the late contribution to the thread. There are a few things that I would like to mention.

First of all, we must understand that sniffing around other peoples' networks without their permission is not right ethically or legally (I agree with Fawad on this one). So, the first thing you people need if you have so much time for games ;-) is that you have your own network for experimentation.

Once that is done, you can start with taking one operating system at a time, studying it along with its weaknesses and then trying to exploit those weaknesses. Detailed documentation of all this will be invaluable.

If we can get this done, we can give some detailed reports to the concerned authorities regarding the results of our research along with directions on how to secure their systems. This will hopefully benefit us in the long run.

At least, what we will get from all this "game" is that we will learn a lot. We will also be serving our country if we provide some valuable information to people who need it to secure their networks.

Though, I still feel that this task should be done by people who are getting paid for it but I guess that since they are not doing it in a way that satisfies most of us, we should help them a little.

This way, we will not be poking around into unwanted areas and will also be fulfilling the quest for knowledge (a llittle too sentimental )

If I may suggest, a good starting point will be to take a look at IPSec and the FreeSWAN project. FreeSWAN implements IPSec (Encryption at the Internet layer) so that applications don't have to bother with data encryption and other such issues. Two computers running with a Kernel supporting FreeSWAN (patched?) automatically take care of which algo to use for encryption/decryption and other such issues. The whole procedure is transpraent to the user.

The first step we people can take is to start using FreeSWAN, testing and validating its functionality and then creating a document that makes it easy enough for technicall staff of most organizations to implement this. This can help us big time.

The second step would be to code support for stronger algorithms into FreeSWAN. AES (Rijndael) is the new encryption standard (deprecating DES) but it is well known that it is not the most secure one. We can poke around with cryptographic issues and try to make an even more secure version of FreeSWAN (Military grade?)

These are just ideas, I would love to hear about any ideas that you people have.

Regards.

Regards.
a10n3 s7r1k3r
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

gr8 ideas s7r1k3r . i appreciate ur thoughts. its better than poking around at other systems.setting upa network in ur house is quite cheap these days. talking about pakistani and indian hackers comparison we need to understand one thing. indians have strong basics. we lack em. i mean to become a hacker (read security analyst) u need to understand theunderlying network architecture, the protocols, applications and the issues. theproblem is that most of us go straight to addressing the issues with available software from the net thus wasting valuable time and talent.
my 10 grands.....

Regards
Zaeem Arshad
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear s7r1k3r,
Salam,

I Like your idea, hope other peoples do like it ;)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
if

Post by if »

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

i'm busy... but after a week coming back on forum, some dead thread became alive... COOL yaar... as far as... what s7r1k3r said... he normally said what he need to be said... he is dead right...

as far as Game is concern... I offer it approx. 2 months ago... it's valid now but it also necessary that we first start working on what s7r1k3r suggestion OR start from where ever u think is right to put things toward securing the Networks / Computers. After finishing your/our homework... we come to the Game INSHALLAH very soon...

keep in touch and stay alive... hehe
if u find anything which shows my lack of knowledge,
please guide me... thx
Aslam-o-Aliakum-Wa-Rahmatullah-Wa-Barakatuhu
if
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

ALMOST 3 MONTHS LATER.................

what are the results now?
LinuxFreak? if? 7r1k3r? ather_36? aus76pk?
A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear farhantoqeer,
Salam,
farhantoqeer wrote:ALMOST 3 MONTHS LATER.................
what are the results now?
LinuxFreak? if? s7r1k3r? ather_36? aus76pk?
The Result is nothing because no one have much time. As you know i am doing job as well as doing my BCS so i won't get too much time. and "If" also took admission in masters and he is also doing Job in PTCL so he is also busy now a days. ather_36 is also doing Job in Karachi based company and doing his Sun Solaris Prepration and No idea about s7r1k3r. but i have done some security stuff on my friend Server which is an IRCD and i am responsible for all kind of Security and Leak Holes :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Qadri-409
Battalion Havaldaar Major

can we have shell access of our won to practice

Post by Qadri-409 »

Dear All Linuxian ,
I have read most of the threads of this topic working on security is most interesting thing on *nix ,can we set up some shell access like freeshell.org , of our own any body on the board having such resources and so the authority ?
M Shahzad Qadri
mahin_pk
Site Admin

Post by mahin_pk »

This thread is now closed.