Welcome

Job openings related to Opensource, Linux and Unix.
fawad
Site Admin

Welcome

Post by fawad »

Welcome to the LinuxPakistan Jobs forum.

All job postings to this forum will have a life of maximum 24 hours.

Any one can post the job but the admin will check the offering, if it meets the guideline then it will be retained or else deleted.

Some of the guide lines:
  1. We must know the physical identity of the job poster.
  2. There must be some way for us to know when that position is filled. (The poster must ask to close the thread)
When whetting the job posting we will edit the subject so that it is relevent plus the location. Like required Web Master - Karachi so that people can see the type of job and location it is. There is no point in posting a job which after reading it may or may not become clear that
the job offered is in USA or Germany etc.

Hope this forum is as successful and well managed as the others.

-fawad
lambda
Major General

more time!

Post by lambda »

24 hours is very little time. most jobs take a lot longer than that to be filled, and most job postings have long deadlines (a week or two).
mahin
Major

Jobs

Post by mahin »

The initial 24 [ or even less ] hour life is to allow every one to post, give admin a chance to review the posting and then posting shall be retained. The other option was to require admin approval of each post prior to its display. IMHO it is beter to trust every one if there is any thing not appropriate then it could be removed.
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

Post by mrkkhattak »

Assalamualaikum,

It is a good thing to start. I hope (& wish) that InshAllah it will do better.

Regards,

-Meraj
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

lambda,
This is our first time trying such a forum, so inevitably we'll have to improvise on the settings as we go along. It's very important to get feedback from you guys, the members so that we have a clean balance between contents and moderation of the contents.
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

24 hours is less in my opinion, they must atleat of 48 hours. we can mark NOT REVIEWED YET BY LINUXPAKISTAN ADMINS so readers can have better choice.
umair007
Naik

job s***

Post by umair007 »

hey man there are no jobs in pakistan for linux and no body is working for open source what if linux pakistan starts an open source group that builds open source software for linux im there to start we can share code snipets to get pakistans name in linux [/img]
umair007
Naik

job s***

Post by umair007 »

hey man there are no jobs in pakistan for linux and no body is working for open source what if linux pakistan starts an open source group that builds open source software for linux im there to start we can share code snipets to get pakistans name in linux [/img] :roll: :wink:
kadnan
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Re: job s***

Post by kadnan »

umair007 wrote:hey man there are no jobs in pakistan for linux and no body is working for open source what if linux pakistan starts an open source group that builds open source software for linux im there to start we can share code snipets to get pakistans name in linux [/img] :roll: :wink:
who will buy those softwares?how willyou convince different companies to buy those applications?
asaf
Lance Naik

Job Openings/Open Source Development

Post by asaf »

First of all, 24 hours is a very short time for a job post. Agreed that the job placement must contain all relevant details so that no one's time is wasted. We hire Linux professionals and there have been instances when we have called a person six months after submission of resume.

Secondly, there are a few companies involved in open source application development or customisation.

They are:
PING Systems (based in Karachi)
Ubqer Solutions (Lahore)
Hdaar (based in Karachi)
Asaf Maruf Ali
PING Systems
Network Security-Linux-Consulting
605, 6th Floor,
Clifton Centre, Block 5,
Clifton, Karachi-75600
Pakistan
Tel # 5872438, 5868275, 5833971-2
Fax # 5868927
Paired23
Cadet

Agreed

Post by Paired23 »

I agree with Asaf and all similar..however I would give benefit to mederator that its beginnig. Surely healthy discusion will improve the site. :)
Paired23
Cadet

Agreed

Post by Paired23 »

I agree with Asaf and all similar..however I would give benefit to mederator that its beginnig. Surely healthy discusion will improve the site. :)
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

The pruning time has been 14 days for quite a while now.
lambda
Major General

Re: job s***

Post by lambda »

umair007 wrote:hey man there are no jobs in pakistan for linux
fwiw, i got my current job from replying to a posting in this forum. my workplace is 100% lamp for the servers.
mhassan
Lance Naik

Please apply for Linux Jobs Here

Post by mhassan »

Der All,

We need sales and technical support people for RedHat Linux . If you hold what we need and want to take challenging position then feel free to contact us anytime .

Send email with complete CV as soon as possible.

Regards ,
Best Regards
Linux to All