Pluc Lahore Chapter Meeting Proposal

Linux, Open Source and IT related events in Pakistan (news and reports)
linuxgeek
Site Admin

Post by linuxgeek »

Linux Pakistan Lahore Chapter is Planning for a meeting , a big event this time , with complete advertising and invitation to target audience , We've done some paper work, and setup some deadlines , We want suggestions for improvement as we want to give PLUC's activities in Lahore a boost! ..... including intallation helps etc ..... Click on Read More for the schedule

Date decided for now : 7th September Time : 7pm

1) Announce on the forum/List / Website ( 12 Aug )

2) Ask people for suggestions ( done till 19 Aug )

3) Confirm for people joining lahore meeting [ LIST MEMBERS ONLY ] ( till 23rd aug )

4) Post Ads in ISP Offices ( Should start from 15th Aug --> onwards till meeting )
NOTE: I think if if we can manage to put meeting date atleast online with URL of PLUC Site online on isp's pages beore 14th aug , we will be getting tons of users then too! as users visit isp's sites on these days )

5) Put up Notes in Institutions ( should be atleast 5 days before meeting )
Give up some names on colleges , ask list for names too!

6) Submission of presentations ( till 29th Aug )

7) Papers available online for list till 3rd September

Contact Us @

Junaid Saeed Uppal
uppal@marmoset.net
Phone : +92-61-540767
Cell : +92-300-8632923

or

Sheikh Nauman-ul-Haque
nauman@acm.org
Cell: +92-300-9474105
Junaid Saeed Uppal
uppal at linux dot net dot pk
Cell : +92.345.8586045
linuxgeek
Site Admin

Post by linuxgeek »

Oh Yes

And Lahore List Members , Who want to attend the meeting , Please send their confirmation and their contact numbers off the list to uppal@marmoset.net

This is important.!!!
Junaid Saeed Uppal
mahin
Major

PLUC Lahore Chapter Meeting Proposal

Post by mahin »

Lahore Walay Jag gaye ! :)

Congratulations :)

May I comment upon few points only:

1. Timing - you are proposing 7.00pm which IMHO is very late as you will need around two hours, even with very tight comparing. You know the local conditions better, if 10.00pm is not very late then it is o.k.

2. What did you meant when you said " LIST MEMBERS ONLY " ? Please keep the event open and try not to insist upon PLUC membership either, treat every one at par [ PLUC members / non-members ] at least for the time being.

3. A big event is fine but plan now for some thing regular, atleast invite input. :)

4. You have not announced the location, this is important as some people may or may not come based on this info.

Wishing you Goodluck!

Now may I ask is there any restriction by Government upon promotion of Linux in Multan :?: :) Multan Waloon Ka Khyal kaun kare Go :) PLUC Multan kab bane gee :?:
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

Agree completely with Mr. Tariq's points. However, the one thing I like about this announcement is that they are setting deadlines for the different phases. I think that's very important and Karachi people might wanna consider that for future events.
linuxgeek
Site Admin

Re: PLUC Lahore Chapter Meeting Proposal

Post by linuxgeek »

Thanks a lot....

yup , i just gave a rough draft... invited inputs for it..... right? so , we will consider new time ... if someone suggests ....

Bhai jee ... i said LIST memebers for now on means kay list members are REQUIRED to be THERE with ALL THE PEOPLE THEY CAN CALL! right .... its an open event .. why are we putting adds on isps pages then :) if we dont have the event open for everyone .. i just want that list members should confirm this before time and should give us their contact so , that we can also involve them in managing this event .. right?

Third thing , we want the event big , atleast for the first time .. . so that people in lahore get to know more about it ... you know what .. our target is right now basically students of univ. .... they aer keen to know about it , the reason nauman and i planned it because we got like 10- 15 emails off the list and a few calls from people asking about the meeting , ( probably got our numbers from the pluc site ) .... thats why .. make it a big boom , then people will come by themselvbes .... :)

We want suggestions for the location in lahore ...

Thanks

p.s : pluc multan chapter is already there and its been there since long ...
:) bas online nahi hai :-p

looool!

--uppal

mahin wrote:Lahore Walay Jag gaye ! :)

Congratulations :)

May I comment upon few points only:

1. Timing - you are proposing 7.00pm which IMHO is very late as you will need around two hours, even with very tight comparing. You know the local conditions better, if 10.00pm is not very late then it is o.k.

2. What did you meant when you said " LIST MEMBERS ONLY " ? Please keep the event open and try not to insist upon PLUC membership either, treat every one at par [ PLUC members / non-members ] at least for the time being.

3. A big event is fine but plan now for some thing regular, atleast invite input. :)

4. You have not announced the location, this is important as some people may or may not come based on this info.

Wishing you Goodluck!

Now may I ask is there any restriction by Government upon promotion of Linux in Multan :?: :) Multan Waloon Ka Khyal kaun kare Go :) PLUC Multan kab bane gee :?:
[/b]
Junaid Saeed Uppal
sakbar
Naik

Post by sakbar »

junaid,

Plz chabge the date to some sun like 8th sep or the holiday of 11th u know, many people i already introduced about pluc can't come (only on week end or public holidays). Most of these ppl r in MCS (evening) doing jobs in morning including me.

As for the promotion in Universities can u ppl design some sort of a banner kind of a thing on single A4 page so i can post it in few universites & colleges where good ppl can come.

-Shakeel
linuxgeek
Site Admin

Post by linuxgeek »

Okay ,

the date suggestion from now on is SUNDAY , 8th SEPTEMBER

i am a lil bit late for some things .. but no problem .. we can always make up .. anyways guys .. noone on the list except shakeel & bilal messaged me to be in the meeting .. ... ??

guys wake UP !!

PLEASE

--uppal

sakbar wrote:junaid,

Plz chabge the date to some sun like 8th sep or the holiday of 11th u know, many people i already introduced about pluc can't come (only on week end or public holidays). Most of these ppl r in MCS (evening) doing jobs in morning including me.

As for the promotion in Universities can u ppl design some sort of a banner kind of a thing on single A4 page so i can post it in few universites & colleges where good ppl can come.

-Shakeel
[/b]
Junaid Saeed Uppal
moobi
Cadet

Few points

Post by moobi »

Hello!

Dear fellows,

please confirm.. once again.. the timmings / location / and the Agenda of the first Meeting ?

2ndly.. if you peoples still not have done the poster thingy. let me know I will do some thing coz if it is 8th its not that far away...

I need to konw if any special guest or personality from the Industry coming to attend or to present any thign in this meeting.. ???

May I also konw who is the Chapter Chief ?? 8)

What is the number of Target Audiance expected ?? and what should it has to be ???

:idea: :arrow:

Moobi
---------------------------------------------------
Forum.com.pk
Pakistan Information Technology Forum
for the betterment of IT Industry in Pakistan
----------------------------------------------------
sakbar
Naik

Post by sakbar »

Great,

Well If u r interested u can create a good poster & email to me, I hope it would be in A4 sized page (more than enough) & i will print some of them & post where required.
sakbar
Naik

Post by sakbar »

the date suggestion from now on is SUNDAY , 8th SEPTEMBER
i am a lil bit late for some things .. but no problem .. we can always make up .. anyways guys .. noone on the list except shakeel & bilal messaged me to be in the meeting .. ... ??

guys wake UP !!

PLEASE

--uppal
JUNAID & NAUMAN

PLZ ALSO CONSIDER IN BRINGING SOME INSTALLATION CD'S & SOME STAR OFFICE CD(ID U STILL GOT) THESE WILL DEFINETLY BOOST IT AS IN LAST MEETING MY FRIEND WHO CAME KEPT ASKING ME ABOUT "HOW TO MAKE INSTALLATION & WHERE I CAN GET THE CD" I THINK THIS SHOULD BE PART OF AGENDA. WHAT U PPL SAY !!

WE MUST ALSO CONSIDER ABOUT SOME INTRODUCTION OF THE NETWORKING PART OF THE LINUX.

--SHAKEEL
shakeel_akbar@yahoo.com

+923334224496
moobi
Cadet

:arrow: How

Post by moobi »

hi Sakbar,

Great.. send me the contents. or i do make it myself ??

Linux Guru Confrence - Lahore
or what ???

moobi
sakbar
Naik

Re: :arrow: How

Post by sakbar »

moobi wrote:hi Sakbar,

Great.. send me the contents. or i do make it myself ??

Linux Guru Confrence - Lahore
or what ???

moobi
My name is Shakeel :)
Well u can make it . I hope u can make a good banner of sort.
For the contents i think we can ask Junaid for some idea he can give the contents so u can make a sample urself & we can than discuss on improvements.

Yar, i think

JUNAID suggest some contents of the banner & also which place we will conduct the meeting plz take some start atleast as time will be less later.

-Shakeel
shakeel_akbar@yahoo.com
[/b]

Post by Guest »

It would be nice if you people could choose the contents of the banners/posters yourself and print them. I am sure you can do it as good as any one of us:)

In-fact if you find/make something good, do send it to us too, so that we can post it anyplace appropriate.

About the venue, I mailed a friend of mine in LUMS and hopefully we'll get an auditorium over there, any one got any objections/suggestions?

Post by Guest »

sorry for the anonymous post, it was me (Nauman).

Post by Guest »

sorry for the anonymous post, it was me (Nauman).