RHCE Exam guidelines

Linux training facilities in Pakistan for students and
professionals.
nayyares
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

RHCE Exam guidelines

Post by nayyares »

Hello All,

NOTE: FOLLOWING GUIDE LINES ARE NOT REDHAT OFFICIAL GUIDE LINES, THESE ARE JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, NO BODY TAKE IT AS REDHAT OFFICIAL GUIDE LINES, ALSO RHCE EXAM IS REDHAT PROPERTY AND THEY HAVE FULL RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES IN EXAM METHOD/STRUCTURE ANY TIME.

I have been contacted by too many guys from LP about RHCE exam, so i thought it will be better to post a thread and explain the exam guidelines, according to Redhat policy i cant share exam questions, and it is for sure changes in every new exam, but still these guide lines will help you to sit in exam, specially if its your first time.

RHCE Exam patteren:

RHCE Exam is divided into two sections one is

1. RHCE Troubleshooting

In this section you are asked to troubleshoot few network/system problems but the problems are RHCT level, if you successfully clear the first part then you are given RHCE Configuration.

2. RHCE Configuration

In this section you are given configuration/setup problem, you have to configure linux servers/services.

if you complete both sections and you have almost about 80 % in first part and 70% in second part you will be given RHCE, if you get 80% in first part and you are fail to score 70% in second you will be given RHCT.

PS: It should be notified that exam is 100% practical lab based where you have to physically troubleshoot and configure Linux Box, while there in NO theory or MCQs based part/question.

I personally recommend you to master Redhat Training Manuals before going to exam.

I hope these guide lines will help you to join RHCE club :)

Thanks
Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA
nayyares aT fedoraproject DoT org
blogs: nayyares.blogspot.com
nomankhn
Colonel

Re: RHCE Exam guidelines

Post by nomankhn »

nayyares wrote:Hello All,

NOTE: FOLLOWING GUIDE LINES ARE NOT REDHAT OFFICIAL GUIDE LINES, THESE ARE JUST MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, NO BODY TAKE IT AS REDHAT OFFICIAL GUIDE LINES, ALSO RHCE EXAM IS REDHAT PROPERTY AND THEY HAVE FULL RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES IN EXAM METHOD/STRUCTURE ANY TIME.

I have been contacted by too many guys from LP about RHCE exam, so i thought it will be better to post a thread and explain the exam guidelines, according to Redhat policy i cant share exam questions, and it is for sure changes in every new exam, but still these guide lines will help you to sit in exam, specially if its your first time.

RHCE Exam patteren:

RHCE Exam is divided into two sections one is

1. RHCE Troubleshooting

In this section you are asked to troubleshoot few network/system problems but the problems are RHCT level, if you successfully clear the first part then you are given RHCE Configuration.

2. RHCE Configuration

In this section you are given configuration/setup problem, you have to configure linux servers/services.

if you complete both sections and you have almost about 80 % in first part and 70% in second part you will be given RHCE, if you get 80% in first part and you are fail to score 70% in second you will be given RHCT.

PS: It should be notified that exam is 100% practical lab based where you have to physically troubleshoot and configure Linux Box, while there in NO theory or MCQs based part/question.

I personally recommend you to master Redhat Training Manuals before going to exam.

I hope these guide lines will help you to join RHCE club :)

Thanks

Dear nayyer

Thanks for your kind information

Regards
Noman Liaquat Khanzada Rajput
Linux means productivity and fun.
We all love Linux, but it's also a fact that some people might not be able to migrate.