How to Overcome MAC Address Binding problem...

Taking care of your Linux box.
shakeel_jee7
Naik

How to Overcome MAC Address Binding problem...

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

Assalam-o-Alaikum

Dear Fellows!

Please I need your help in a problem.

I have cable Net connection in my home. The problem is that, they've done "MAC-Address binding" with the Interface card provided, now When I want to put cable in my second PC, I wont able to use the Internet. I just Browse the Network Shares fine, but Internet doesn't work then.

Please send me a solution to overcome this problem, I means, How to overcome MAC address binding or Forward the Packets received by that Interface to my other PC using another Lan card in the same PC.

I have the Following Scheme: Uderstand it for reference:

1. The PC in which I use internet has two LAN cards. In one card, the Cable Net is connected which is Binded, (MAC address and the IP), I want to do NATing or some other way to forward those packages to the Second LAN card in the same PC, so that card is connected to my Second PC, and hence, I can use the Internet on my second PC.

2. Note that I Different OS/Hardware in my Room, like Linux Box (Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon, RHEL 4.0) Windows (XP and Vista) and Apple Machintosh PowerMac G4 (Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.2 Classic), so tell me any Possible combination or configuration by which I use Internet on different PCs (Or Atleast 2 PCs)

3. Can NATing with iptables help me in this regard?

Please solve my this problem, I will be very thankful to you people!
Thanking you in Anticipation.
Allah ap ko Jaza-e-Khair de ga (InshaAllah)
Shakeel Ahmed
Registered Linux User # 423792

"The Shortest Distance b/w a Problem & its solution, is distance between ur Knees & the Floor. The one who kneels to Allah can stand upto anything!!"
zaigham_tt
Havaldaar

Post by zaigham_tt »

Use Search Option. This type of problem is being solved by serveral times..... 8)
shakeel_jee7
Naik

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

zaigham_tt wrote:Use Search Option. This type of problem is being solved by serveral times..... 8)

Assalam-o-Alaikum!
Dear Zaigham bro!

Please can you provide me the exact links......
Shakeel Ahmed

"The Shortest Distance b/w a Problem & its solution, is distance between ur Knees & the Floor. The one who kneels to Allah can stand upto anything!!"
x2oxen
Major General

Post by x2oxen »

why you keep posting same question in all categories???
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
http://usmanpk.com
shakeel_jee7
Naik

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

x2oxen wrote:why you keep posting same question in all categories???
Please Don't disturb me, if you can't help!!!!
Shakeel Ahmed

x2oxen
Major General

Post by x2oxen »

Not Disturbing you just asking you not to make mess of hard disk by repeating same thing!
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: How to Overcome MAC Address Binding problem...

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear shakeel_jee7,
Salam,
shakeel_jee7 wrote:Please I need your help in a problem.

I have cable Net connection in my home. The problem is that, they've done "MAC-Address binding" with the Interface card provided, now When I want to put cable in my second PC, I wont able to use the Internet. I just Browse the Network Shares fine, but Internet doesn't work then.

Please send me a solution to overcome this problem, I means, How to overcome MAC address binding or Forward the Packets received by that Interface to my other PC using another Lan card in the same PC.

1. The PC in which I use internet has two LAN cards. In one card, the Cable Net is connected which is Binded, (MAC address and the IP), I want to do NATing or some other way to forward those packages to the Second LAN card in the same PC, so that card is connected to my Second PC, and hence, I can use the Internet on my second PC.

2. Note that I Different OS/Hardware in my Room, like Linux Box (Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon, RHEL 4.0) Windows (XP and Vista) and Apple Machintosh PowerMac G4 (Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.2 Classic), so tell me any Possible combination or configuration by which I use Internet on different PCs (Or Atleast 2 PCs)

Make your computer act as Gateway and run as many computers you want to run.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
x2oxen
Major General

Post by x2oxen »

thats what was suggested to em in many other places!
Muhammad Usman
+92-321-6640501
Chemonics International
shakeel_jee7
Naik

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

Assalam-o-Alaikum

Farrukh and Usman bhai!

I'll try again to solve this problem soon InshaAllah. Thanks for your help.

I've tried many solutions but failed. I am using Ubuntu 7.10.
Musaddar bro helped me much in this regard and I am thankful to him.
Soon inshaAllah I'll try other sol.

Shakeel
Shakeel Ahmed

syedbilalmasaud
Naib Subedar

Re: How to Overcome MAC Address Binding problem...

Post by syedbilalmasaud »

FYI

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/

Spoof your mac and see the results what happens and do let me know

shakeel_jee7 wrote:Assalam-o-Alaikum

Dear Fellows!

Please I need your help in a problem.

Cheers :)

:D B I L A L :D