Nagios Monitering

Taking care of your Linux box.
mejam
Havaldaar

Nagios Monitering

Post by mejam »

I am using Nagios as NMS for my network.....by default Nagios checks every machine after 5mins....i want to reduce this time to 2mins or 3mins...Secondly i want Nagios alerts to be emailed at some specific address...please help...Nagios is installed on Debian ..(If it is needed)
Regards
Abdulrehman
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

have you read nagios's documentation? all i did was type "nagios check interval" and "nagios email alerts" into google and find the answers, from nagios's documentation.

you're not running nagios for fun, you're doing it for work. why do you expect us to do your job? will you give us some of your salary?
Watch out for the Manners Taliban!
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?
mejam
Havaldaar

Post by mejam »

thanks for help lambda...its useless to argue with u... :)
Regards
Abdulrehman
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

you should ask yourself why you need help for these trivial problems.
Isn't it amazing how so many people can type "linuxpakistan.net" into their browsers but not "google.com"?
mejam
Havaldaar

Post by mejam »

lambda i did google for that...but u see there is something called "spec search"..i was not hitting the direct key-word for that.....i never post any question unless i search about
Regards
Abdulrehman
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

yes, but i found the answers in nagios's documentation, not on some random website. you should've read the documentation first.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: Nagios Monitering

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear mejam,
Salam,
mejam wrote:I am using Nagios as NMS for my network.....by default Nagios checks every machine after 5mins....i want to reduce this time to 2mins or 3mins...Secondly i want Nagios alerts to be emailed at some specific address...please help...Nagios is installed on Debian ..(If it is needed)
Please check your nagios service command check configuration file.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
mejam
Havaldaar

Post by mejam »

Thanks for help farrukh bhai....and for the email alerts i have configured postfix on my Nagios machine in satellite mode...mails are working good...
Regards
Abdulrehman